Most people who know me personally are aware that I want a large family (12-14 kids). No one has openly criticized me yet, but I know the common American mindset when it comes to children. In case you’ve already written me off as insane, in my defense:
1. I don’t want 12 kids because I “can’t keep my legs together”. Come on; really?
2. I don’t want 12 kids because I want my own reality show. I don’t; trust me. I use a pseudonym because I want to stay as far from the public eye as humanly possible.
3. I don’t want 12 kids because I can’t afford birth control, because they won’t be mine through birth.
1. According to thirdworldorphans.org, “every 15 seconds, another child becomes an AIDS orphan in Africa.
2. Every day, 5,760 more children become orphans.
3. Every year, 2,102,400 more children become orphans (in Africa alone).
4. 143,000,000 Orphans in the world today spend an average of 10 years in an orphanage or foster home…”
5. Every YEAR 14,050,000 children still grow up as orphans and AGE OUT of the system
6. Every DAY 38,493 children AGE OUT.
7. Every 2.2 SECONDS, another orphan child AGES OUT with no family to belong to and no place to call home.
8. In Ukraine and Russia 10% -15% of children who age out of an orphanage commit suicide before age 18.
9. 60% of the girls are lured into prostitution.
10. 70% of the boys become hardened criminals.”
Kids are dying, starving, crying; kids who need someone to hug them and tell them they’re wanted. Kids who need direction and to know their purposes. I can’t adopt all of them, but one day I’ll be able to provide for 10, 12, 14, or however many God brings into my path. And I can care for others through charities like World Vision or Compassion. Anyway, stepping off my soapbox…